In a special mid-week edition of the Modcast we've made the wonderful mixtape Robert Smith put together available for you to download.
Earlier in the month as part of Vivid Live 2011 at the Sydney Opera House, we presented the magnificent The Cure: Reflections. A once in a life time performance of the first three masterpieces from The Cure - Three Imaginary Boys, Seventeen Seconds & Faith in full.
This mixtape is a collection of the songs that had an impact on Robert Smith while he was making these first three albums.
1. Gayane Ballet Suite (Adagio) - Aram Khachaturian (Gennady Rozhdestvensy - from '2001 A Space Odyssey' (1968)
2. Hanging Around - The Stranglers (1977)
3. Sweet Thing - Van Morrison (1968)
4. I Don't Want To Go TO Chelsea - Elvis Costello (1978)
5. Everybody Wants To Be A Cat (From 'The Aristocats' Soundtrack) (1970)
6. What Do I Get? - The Buzzocks (1978)
7. Time Has Told Me - Nick Drake (1969)
8. All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix (Live at the Isle of Wright Version) (1970)
9. Always Crashing In The Same Car - David Bowie (1977)
10. Overground - Siouxsie and the Banshees (1978)
You Might Also Like...
The Beacham Theatre, Orlando, FL, USA
Grand Central, Miami, FL, USA
Masquerade, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cannery Ballroom, Nashville, TN, USA
9:30 Club, Washington, DC, USA
Union, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Paradise Rock Club, Boston, MA, USA
Terminal 5, New York, NY, USA
Virgin Mobil Corona Theatre, Montreal, OC, USA
Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON, USA
St Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI, USA
Double Door, Chicago, IL, USA
Metro, Chicago, IL, USA
First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Fox Theatre, Boulder, CO, USA
In The Venue, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
The Showbox, Seattle, WA, USAView All Dates